Rathodics

Call it Rathodics, Rathodology, Rathod-gineering, or Rathodistry; chances are high that you will find lot of useless things on this blog. Nevertheless, I thank you for visiting my blogsite, and hope you spend sometime reading the blogs and commenting on them. Further, you can visit me at http://www.unm.edu/~srathod

Monday, September 26, 2005

More on India's entry to Oscars 2006.

Following up on my previous post regarding India's entry to the Oscars 2006, according to the director Amol Palekar, Paheli deals with a `woman's right to make a choice'. Probably, I completely misunderstand the movie, but, I couldn't see a hint of what Palekar has said above regarding Paheli.

In an apparent justification in choosing Paheli over other contenders,
Vinod Pandey, the Acting Chairman of the Film Federation of India, said, "Paheli has represented the Indian ethos. It is a film based on the Indian language." Naah, I couldn't see that either in the movie.

The other nominations were
Mangal Pandey, Veer-Zaara, Iqbal, Swades, Parineeta, Page 3, Black, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Sachein (Tamil), Anniyan (Telugu), Uttarayan (Marathi), Achuvante Anna (Malayalam), Graham (Telugu), and Kadal (Tamil).

I haven't seen all of these movies. I have seen a few of them, and to tell you the truth, personally, I found Paheli to be the worst among whichever ones I have seen from the above list. But then, as I said previously, maybe, I didn't see the movie from the 'right angle'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sankhe said...

Hey Rats,
I havent been been blogging (reading blogs that is) in a long time. I truly feel it hard to believe that Paheli would make it as Indias "official" entry to the Oscars. I do not want to get into details but I really think that the story had a few technical flaws ... if you understand where I am getting at.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel paheli truly deserves the Oscar it was a wonderfull movie.....it is the best choice...it capturest the true color of india. Also i felt it was a wonderfull topic talking about giving women a choice.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Lomesh Dutta said...

I didn't even knew that you had been blogging for such a long time :) You've gotta tell your audience man! Also, help me identify which other common blogger friends we have, as we are ready for our product launch in the next 15 days and the first target audience are the bloggers like you and me :)

Till then

keep blogging !

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home