Rathodics

Call it Rathodics, Rathodology, Rathod-gineering, or Rathodistry; chances are high that you will find lot of useless things on this blog. Nevertheless, I thank you for visiting my blogsite, and hope you spend sometime reading the blogs and commenting on them. Further, you can visit me at http://www.unm.edu/~srathod

Friday, October 15, 2004

Broadband in India

I am not aware of the current situation with respect to internet connection in India. But, according to this news item, broadband connection will debut soon in India. The monthly charges are intended to hover between Rs. 500 and Rs. 800.

However, one point which bothers me a lot is the access to basic facilities such as water and electricity in most part of India. I am not saying that we should not make progress at the technological forefront. My point is that the government should, just as it comes up with policies to increase the penetration of computers and internet, come up with policies to increase the number of people/places who have access to water and electricity.

4 Comments:

Blogger paige said...

Excellent discussion on internet connections. I bookmarked your blog. I have my own internet connections blog if you want to take a look.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

Hi,
I am an avid blog surfer and came across your blog by chance. I think it's great to offer your thoughts and ideas across to a worldwide audience for comment. At present, this is my own blog broadband and although the subject matter is totally different from the one you're writing about perhaps it does affect us all in some way. Cheers!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Srinu Srinu said...

Thank you for sharing this knowledge in a blogpost.Really simple and even more effective and this worked great, very useful tips Online Data Scientist

10:34 PM  
Anonymous hadoop training said...

Great blog..
Hadoop training .All the basic and get the full knowledge of hadoop.
hadoop training

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home